You may be thinking, Does this count as a recipe? Did you really need to share this? Yes I did, because I LOVE arugula. I would go as far as to say I’m obsessed with it. Sometimes I crave it so much that I come home and eat an entire package of the stuff. I know it’s often given a bad rep for being overly bitter, but, in my opinion, that’s crazy! Arugula is perfectly peppery, crunchy, and, not to mention, extremely healthy.
This great green combined with my go-to super simple dressing makes me, and my belly, so happy. It doesn’t need anything else. However, I’ll toss in chickpeas, nuts, or grilled salmon and some of my favorite veggies to give it the extra boost of protein needed for a more filling salad. This time, I just went with cucumber for added freshness and crunch.
Arugula with Super Simple Vinaigrette
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 2.5 oz arugula (I use about 1/2 of a 5 oz container)
- 1/2 medium cucumber sliced
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 pinches pepper
- Combine apple cider vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well
- Add arugula and toss until evenly coated with the vinaigrette
- Add sliced cucumber
- Season with more salt and pepper to taste